My family loves these chewy bars so much that a pan of them does not last very long in our home. They are from a Kitchenaid cookbook entitled "Great Baking and More." These yummy bars are so quick and easy to stir up and are great for dessert, snacks or lunch boxes. I have used pecans in place of the walnuts and M&Ms for the chocolate chips successfully. Feel free to add your favorite ingredients to this buttery base - it's a winner!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I prefer unbleached)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the butter (1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons), brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour an 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Press dough into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
First time I've made blondies and not thrilled with the recipe. They came out ok tasting but very dense and cookie like. Batter was very thick when I put in the pan and i double checked the recipe to make sure I got all the wet ingredients, though I did not use walnuts and doubled the chocolate chips. Any suggestions?Reply