Bacon Biscuit Balls
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings, saved from frying the bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Save the drippings.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Combine bacon, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Sift together the flour, dry mustard and baking powder.
- Mix bacon and vegetables with the flour mixture.
- Combine the egg, milk and bacon drippings.
- Add this to the flour and vegetable mixture.
- Stir mixture with fork until blended well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Serve on wooden toothpicks with any highly seasoned dip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation