Cook1 hr 15 mins
This looks like an interesting and different way to make meatloaf. Its really pretty when sliced too! From Woman's Day
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices firm white bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces genoa salami (20 very thin slices)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, red pepper and garlic, and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and soft.
- Remove from heat.
- While onion and pepper cook, whisk eggs in large bowl.
- Tear bread into small pieces and stir into egg.
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Put a strip of foil or plastic wrap on countertop.
- Add beef, salt, pepper and onion mixture to bowl.
- Mix gently with hands.
- Place on foil or plastic and press into a 17x8 rectangle. Top with a layer of spinach, then cheese, then overlaping slices of salami.
- Roll up meat (but not the foil or plastic) from one short end; lift into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let stand before removing from pan for 10 minutes and slice to serve.