1/1 Photo of Neapolitan Meatloaf
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This looks like an interesting and different way to make meatloaf. Its really pretty when sliced too! From Woman's Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices firm white bread
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces genoa salami (20 very thin slices)
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, red pepper and garlic, and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and soft.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4While onion and pepper cook, whisk eggs in large bowl.
- 5Tear bread into small pieces and stir into egg.
- 6Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 7Put a strip of foil or plastic wrap on countertop.
- 8Add beef, salt, pepper and onion mixture to bowl.
- 9Mix gently with hands.
- 10Place on foil or plastic and press into a 17x8 rectangle. Top with a layer of spinach, then cheese, then overlaping slices of salami.
- 11Roll up meat (but not the foil or plastic) from one short end; lift into loaf pan.
- 12Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 13Let stand before removing from pan for 10 minutes and slice to serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 951.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g