1/1 Photo of Neapolitan Meatloaf
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This looks like an interesting and different way to make meatloaf. Its really pretty when sliced too! From Woman's Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices firm white bread
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces genoa salami (20 very thin slices)
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, red pepper and garlic, and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and soft.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4While onion and pepper cook, whisk eggs in large bowl.
- 5Tear bread into small pieces and stir into egg.
- 6Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 7Put a strip of foil or plastic wrap on countertop.
- 8Add beef, salt, pepper and onion mixture to bowl.
- 9Mix gently with hands.
- 10Place on foil or plastic and press into a 17x8 rectangle. Top with a layer of spinach, then cheese, then overlaping slices of salami.
- 11Roll up meat (but not the foil or plastic) from one short end; lift into loaf pan.
- 12Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 13Let stand before removing from pan for 10 minutes and slice to serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 951.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g