Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Scrumptious- perfect on a chilly fall evening! I found this on a South Beach Diet Message Board, and I wish I knew who to credit for it- this is a favorite dish of my husband's.
- 2 (16 ounce) cansof large butter beans (or lima beans)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 carrots, peeled & shredded
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag frozen spinach
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh thyme (or dried equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 9 ounces andouille sausages, sliced on an angle (I substitute turkey sausage to bring the fat down)
- In a med. stock pot, bring all ingredients to a boil. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minute or until beans are tender and sausage has shrunk to small disks. Serve hot.
Wow, this was super-easy and delicious. I used chicken Andouille sausage, and soaked dried lima beans, and added a pinch of corn starch. Delicious, thanks!