Parmesan-Garlic Butter Green Beans With Almonds
photo by Zurie
- Ready In:
- Cook green beans as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic; cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender, stirring frequently.
- Add almonds and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour garlic butter over cooked green beans; stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved them! I used fresh beans, and steamed them for about ten minutes, until they were tender. The garlic butter is made in minutes, coat the beans, add the parmesan ... enjoy! ridiculous! I forgot the almonds, I'm so sorry... when I use them next time, this'll be even better! An excellent recipe, Lainey!
Deliciously simple! Suited me, as we have lovely green beans from the garden right now. I used less than 14 oz beans (we're just 2 diners) but used the same amount of garlic and almonds, and more butter and Parmesan! Lovely flavour combination. Do watch the garlic and almonds, as they can burn quite quickly. Made specially for the Side Dishes thread in the Photo Forum, March 2011. Thanks, Lainey!
Loved it. I made this tonight and changed two things:toasted the almonds and added dried cranberries. Next time I make it, I will dish out some for my daughter before adding almonds and cranberries. My daughter didn't like the nuts and fruit, but loved the garlic and Parmesan. Makes for a great quick meal with grilled hamburgers.