Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Navy Bean and Bacon Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried navy beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Combine stock, bean, vegetables and herbs in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low, until beans are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Turn heat to high and cook 10 minutes; stir in combined milk and cornstarch, stirring 2-3 minutes.
- If desired, process half of the soup in a food processor or blender and then return to the pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with bacon.