Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are not the traditional ones where you use Indian flat bread. Where I grew up scones were used instead. I use 1/2 a batch of my Country fair scone Country Fair Scones Aka Elephant Ears Great recipe for a crowd.
- Prepare scone dough (I use the above mentioned recipe) Spread out scones a little thinner than normal (refer to recipe directions for scones) Fry in 350 oil till golden on both sides.
- Drain and cool just a little.
- Place approx 1/3-1/2 c chili per scone directly on top.
- Place desired amounts of toppings beginning with the cheese and ending with sour cream. Serve with a fork and enjoy!
- Left over scone dough makes a great dessert with honey butter or maple frosting.
- Prep time does not include scone making or chili making time.