Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is extremely easy and fast to put together. The taste is fabulous (My Mom says it's the best she's ever had!). Great side dish, or add chicken, broccoli, asparagus, anything you want to make it a whole meal. I boil my noodles first, in the same pan that I toss the sauce in, so the mess is minimal too!
- 591.47 ml uncooked fettuccine pasta (cook them al dente)
- 113.39 g butter
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- 29.58 ml garlic (fresh chopped, about 4-5 cloves)
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese (fresh grated, fine)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml pepper (fresh ground)
- 4.92 ml parsley
- Cook noodles as per directions for"Al Dente", rinse under cold water and set aside until sauce is ready.
- Melt butter on medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 of the garlic.
- Heat through.
- Add all of the half and half cream.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Lower heat to medium, simmer and thicken.
- Add the rest of the garlic and all of the parmesean.
- Bring back to a simmer, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add noodles, toss, taste, and add salt or more cheese if needed.
- Top with parsley and serve.
This recipe is great. Wonderful taste. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream. I used spaghettini and dried parsley. We got 4 servings with this recipe. Thanks Nat :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Not bad but not exactly what I was looking for. I like garlic but thought this was a bit much. It doesn't make much so I would double it for my family of five.