Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this dish to be very hearty but also very tasty, almost like a spaghetti sauce minus the noodles.
- 1 (19 ounce) can yellow hominy or 1 (19 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown hamburger,onions,and green pepper in a large pot.
- Season with salt and pepper, add tomatoes and hominy and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake covered at 350F for 40 minutes.