1/1 Photo of Nana's Pork Chop and Sauerkraut Skillet
I can still picture my Polish grandmother cooking this on a wood stove. The sauerkraut picks up the browned pork color and flavor. The beans mellow the sauerkraut's bite by absorbing some of the sour taste while adding an unique flavor to the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings over low heat.
- 2Sprinkle the pork chops with flour and pepper.
- 3Fry the chops over medium high heat until well browned on both sides, remove chops and set aside.
- 4Add sauerkraut and stir to pick all the browned bits, stir in beans and water.
- 5Scrape the sauerkraut and bean mixture to the sides of the pan, place the chops in the center and spoon some of the sauerkraut over the chops.
- 6Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until chops are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana's Pork Chop and Sauerkraut Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.9
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 860.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 56.8 g