Recipe by srooc1
My mother made these for us growing up, and now my kids like me to make these easy to eat and handle "hamburgers." These are easy to freeze and reheat. The best dough mix to use is the Pillsbury Hot Roll mix that comes in a blue box.
Top Review by Julie in TX
I made this to serve at our Superbowl party. They smelled sooooo good while they were baking that I couldn't wait to taste them. I had one as soon as they came out of the oven. O MY!! These are absolutely yummy. The only thing I did differently was add a little garlic powder. To speed things up, I also used slaw mix which had a little grated carrot. It turned out wonderfully. I will certainly use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 16 ounces hot roll mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.
- DO NOT DRAIN!
- Add shredded cabbage, salt and pepper to meat and onions and cover. Stirring occasionally.
- While cabbage, meat mixture is cooking, follow the recipe steps 1 - 4 on the Hot Roll mix. Don't form into shapes.
- When dough is ready, pull off small balls of dough and roll out.
- Place meat mixture into middle of the dough.
- Fold the dough around the meat mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and cook at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown.