photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Brown the meat, onions and garlic in a large skillet. Drain the excess fat.
- Add shredded cabbage and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until cabbage is completely wilted.
- Divide each loaf into 5 pieces. Roll each piece out until it is less than 1/2 inch thick. (When I was just starting out on my own, I didn't have a rolling pin, so I just dampened my fingers and pressed th dough into the shape I wanted). Fill the dough circles or square with a 1/2 cup cabbage, onion and meat filling.
- There are several ways that you can seal the dough. I will share my favorit two ways.
- A. Bring opposite corners of dough together in center. Press open edges together until surface is sealed. This creates a square shaped Bierock.
- B. Or bring two opposite sides together and press seams together. This results in a half circle shaped Bierock.
- Turn Bierocks smooth side up. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter if you wish.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until brown. Serve hot. Makes 15 Bierocks. (This recipe makes enough for 3 meals for my family of 5).
- I use the leftover cabbage to make Beef Stew with Cabbage ad serve it with the Bierocks for dinner. Bierocks also make a tasty lunch. Any leftover Bierocks can be frozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.