Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very special recipe. My mother-in-law makes these every Christmas!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon butter
- First Layer:.
- Melt and cook 3 minutes the first 5 ingredients (butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and egg). Add next 3 ingredients (graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and milk) stirring well. Remove from heat and press into a 9 x 9" pan. Cool.
- Second Layer:.
- Add all ingredients (butter, milk, vanilla pudding powder and powdered sugar) into a medium size bowl or stand mixer bowl and mix well. Spread on cooled first layer.
- Third Layer:.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Spread on top of second layer.
- Let cool and cut into 1" square pieces.