Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
We would go to my great grandmother's house and have this on a really cold winter's night. My brother and sister and I would eat every mouthful leaving an empty plate. I now serve this to my own children and they don't leave anything on their plates either. They even eat the veggies (what a bonus). It's seriously wonderful comfort food for the family that's not too fattening.
- 1 kg lamb steaks or 1 kg stewing lamb
- 2 onions
- 3 sticks celery
- 3 carrots
- 3 medium potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 instant Oxo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop lamb into bite sized pieces.
- Chop (not dice) vegetables.
- Place the vegetables and lamb together in a crockpot or casserole dish (make sure it has a lid).
- Add one and a half cups of water (make sure water covers all meat and vegies.).
- Also add the herbs and oxo cube.
- Cook for about 1 hour on 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take it out of oven and stir stewm To thicken the stew, mix some corn flour (about a teaspoon) with some water (about a quarter of a cup) add this into the stew.
- Cook for an extra quarter of an hour.
- Then serve.