Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My step-mom Shirley's recipe
- 1 lb corn tortilla chips (white)
- 1 lb hamburger (can be substituted with 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 15 ounces refried beans
- taco seasoning
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 -2 tomatoes
- green onion, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook hamburger meat in skillet, drain.
- Wash meat off in sink in a strainer.
- Spread chips on cookie sheet.
- Bake chips in oven for 25 minutes.
- When chips are heated up, add all ingredients.
- Put back in oven for about 10 minutes.
Yummy Nachos, we left out the hamburger to make it a vegetarian meal and we used Nacho Corn Chips because we don't have white ones in our region. This was so yummy that Little Miss (DD) kept coming back for more. Thank you squeaks-malone for posting your recipe
Very good recipe. Had it for lunch today. Would have it again. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.