1/2 Photos of My Way Creamy Sauce - Ham Casserole
Chef #165326's Note:
Great recipe for leftover ham, & boiled potatoes. I alway cook extra so I can just make this easy to make casserole. You can always use deli thick sliced ham as well as your choice of veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked ham (cut or torn into fair size pieces)
- 2 large potatoes, cooked but still firm, quartered, then thick sliced
- 1 1/4 cups milk or 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, sliced and cubed
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen broccoli (Good without veggies, optional) (optional) or 3/4 cup fresh broccoli, partially cooked (Good without veggies) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup colby cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1In a sauce pan combine soup, milk, butter, chopped onions, and Velveeta cheese.
- 2Stir several times until the cheese is melted.
- 3Remove from heat and fold in the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- 4In a bowl combine ham, potatoes, seasonings, the broccoli or choice of vegetable if adding one, and only 1/2 of the sauce.
- 5Set aside the other 1/2 sauce covered with a lid.
- 6Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the casserole.
- 7Bake in hot 375° oven uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese topping turns light toasty brown.
- 8Note: The extra sauce will be re-heated and served in a separate bowl or small individual bowls and spooned over the finished casserole servings at the table.
- 9Served with a nice green salad and french bread makes a nice meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Way Creamy Sauce - Ham Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.6
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 1233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: