Back in 1993 my DM and I became lifetime members of WW. She revised the 0 point soup recipe. She won 1st place with it at her Office "Soup Cookoff" one year. I just dug it out because now I need it again. Zaar is not kind to your waist line. I also have revised her revision. It called for a can of Cajun stewed tomatoes which I can no longer locate. I now use 1 tsp Cajun spice but food.com won't accept it. Also changed a few other items to my liking.
- 1⁄2 large onion, cut in half, sliced very thin
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or use Cajun stewed tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cabbage, shredded (cole slaw mix works great)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices (if using cajun stewed tomatoes omit)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Saute' onion, carrots and celery until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Combine beef broth, tomatoes, cabbage, bouillon cubes, garlic, Cajun spice, and basil in the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Note: Use fat free saltines for 1 point for 7 squares!