1/10 Photos of My Mother's Version: Weight Watcher's 0 Points Vegetable Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Back in 1993 my DM and I became lifetime members of WW. She revised the 0 point soup recipe. She won 1st place with it at her Office "Soup Cookoff" one year. I just dug it out because now I need it again. Zaar is not kind to your waist line. I also have revised her revision. It called for a can of Cajun stewed tomatoes which I can no longer locate. I now use 1 tsp Cajun spice but food.com won't accept it. Also changed a few other items to my liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large onion, cut in half, sliced very thin
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 1/2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or use Cajun stewed tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded (cole slaw mix works great)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices (if using cajun stewed tomatoes omit)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1Spray large saucepan with cooking spray.
- 2Saute' onion, carrots and celery until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- 3Combine beef broth, tomatoes, cabbage, bouillon cubes, garlic, Cajun spice, and basil in the saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini, continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7Note: Use fat free saltines for 1 point for 7 squares!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mother's Version: Weight Watcher's 0 Points Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 279.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat beef broth