Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite recipe for a not-too-clammy clam chowder
Make and share this My Mother's Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cut vegetables in a large stew pot.
- Drain juice off canned clams and pour juice over veggies.
- Add enough water to cover vegetables.
- Simmer over medium heat until tender.
- Melt Butter in a sauce pan.
- Add flour and blend until smooth.
- When vegetables are tender add the flour mixture and all other ingredients to the vegetables.
- Make sure flour mixture is mixed in well (it acts as a thickening agent).
- Simmer all ingredients for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
Outstanding! There's no fancy ingredients, but the flavor is still outstanding. It's really thick and creamy, too. I added one extra can of clams but made no other changes. Thanx for sharing your mother's clam chowder. It's a big hit!