Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old family favorite--- comfort food at it's finest! This one includes potato chips as well as hard-boiled eggs. Just like mom used to make. Mom used to reheat leftovers in a frypan with butter the next day--- yum!! P.S. Sometimes I sprinkle mine with grated Parmesan cheese, at the table.
- 709.77 ml freshly cooked medium egg noodles (drained and warm)
- 255.14 g can tuna, drained
- 2-3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 709.77 ml crumbled lays vinegar potato chips or 709.77 ml regular potato chips
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 155.92 g water
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In sauce pan, bring water and soup to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Layer cooked noodles, tuna, chopped eggs, mushroom soup and crumbled potato chips.
- Top with chips.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vegetable of your choice.
- Note: Mom served vanilla pudding topped with sweetened strawberries, for dessert.
Yep, Becky, it's a winner! I mixed all ingredients together and layered the crumbled potatoes chips between and on top of the mixture. What a comforting meal! Loved it; pls tell your Mom--THX! Made for Casserole Challenge in Cooking Photos.
I really enjoyed this recipe! I thought the vinegar flavored chips was a great way to flavor the tuna. I loved the eggs in the dish. I especially liked it right when I stirred it up (so creamy and good with the eggs). This is a great comfort dish! Roxygirl
Nice tasty economical family meal, I added some rated cheese to the top layer. Thanks for sharing.