Lise in Indiana's Note:
This is Purdue's Master Mix, enriched with whole dried milk. Ive posted the large batch as well, but not all households are as big (or hungry) as mine. Substitute whole wheat (pastry) flour for up to half of the all-purpose flour, if desired. To use the large batch recipe, see My Master Mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure all ingredients accurately.
- 2Stir the flour, dry milk, salt,baking powder, cream of tartar and sugar together until well blended.
- 3Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or rub with your hands until it is evenly distributed and the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Store this mix in an air tight container such as glass jars, or in plastic or metal containers.
- 5Be careful not to pack the mix. Tighten the lids and store at room temperature in a dark place.
- 6Label and date the container. This mix keeps 4 weeks at room temperatures.
- 7Freeze for longer storage - up to a year.
- 8For recipes using this mix, please see my other My Master Mix recipes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Master Mix (13-Cup Batch)
Serving Size: 1 (1808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.0
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 1021.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g