Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Purdue's Master Mix, enriched with whole dried milk. Ive posted the large batch as well, but not all households are as big (or hungry) as mine. Substitute whole wheat (pastry) flour for up to half of the all-purpose flour, if desired. To use the large batch recipe, see My Master Mix
- 2129.31 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml dry milk
- 78.07 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml vegetable shortening
- Measure all ingredients accurately.
- Stir the flour, dry milk, salt,baking powder, cream of tartar and sugar together until well blended.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or rub with your hands until it is evenly distributed and the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Store this mix in an air tight container such as glass jars, or in plastic or metal containers.
- Be careful not to pack the mix. Tighten the lids and store at room temperature in a dark place.
- Label and date the container. This mix keeps 4 weeks at room temperatures.
- Freeze for longer storage - up to a year.
- For recipes using this mix, please see my other My Master Mix recipes.