Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
I never measure for this one. I've made it for so long and so often that I've never had to, so these are estimate amounts. My bf never wants to share (so greedy) and it never lasts more than a day! He even confessed to me it's better than his moms! Its got lots of onion flavor, so this might not be for onion-haters ;)
- 10 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large machintosh apple (or other sweet & crisp apple)
- 2 cups mayonnaise (adjust to preference)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in a large pot and cover with water over medium-high heat, add a pinch of salt. After 5 mins of the cooking time, add in the same pot the carrots and eggs.
- Boil until potatoes are a bit tender about 25-30 minutes If you can insert a knife with ease they're perfect don't let them get mushy soft.
- Mix the vinegar, salt, olive oil and onions in a bowl and set aside.
- When potatoes are done drain and let them cool for handling. Dice the potatoes, carrots and hard-boiled eggs. Peel, core, pit and dice the apple; add to the potatoes. Mix and add the mayonnaise, mix well. Add the oil-vinegar seasoning and mix well. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving for better flavor.