Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
FANTASTIC!! A delicious chili with bits of diced tomatoes and seasonings. Contains two kinds of beans which help compromise the just-right flavors for my family! This recipe has been fine tuned and is a delight served with the cheese and sour cream!!! Just add a piece of cornbread or crackers!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans (Phillips)
- 1 (16 ounce) chili beans (Bush's Best)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional garnish)
- In a dutch oven, sauite onions and celery in vegetable oil. Lift out and set aside. Brown ground beef and onion.
- Place onions, celery, ground beef in pot with water, salt, sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, worcestershire and the 2 cans of diced tomatoes (undrained). Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Drain both cans of beans and add to pot along with tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional cheese and sour cream. This chili freezes well in plastic containers. Thaw and heat.
the directions need some attention.(I do wish chef's would proof read their work) here's how I made it; cooked the 1st 4 ing.'s together,added the remaining 9 & simmered 1/2 hr. we don't have 6 oz. cans of tomato sauce in this neck of the woods, I did use a 6oz. can of tom. paste. This turned out a tad sweet for our taste, not really a chili tasting chili. It's OK but I won't make it again.