FANTASTIC!! A delicious chili with bits of diced tomatoes and seasonings. Contains two kinds of beans which help compromise the just-right flavors for my family! This recipe has been fine tuned and is a delight served with the cheese and sour cream!!! Just add a piece of cornbread or crackers!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans (Phillips)
- 1 (16 ounce) chili beans (Bush's Best)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional garnish)
- In a dutch oven, sauite onions and celery in vegetable oil. Lift out and set aside. Brown ground beef and onion.
- Place onions, celery, ground beef in pot with water, salt, sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, worcestershire and the 2 cans of diced tomatoes (undrained). Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Drain both cans of beans and add to pot along with tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional cheese and sour cream. This chili freezes well in plastic containers. Thaw and heat.