1/1 Photo of My Favorite Bologna or Ham Salad for Sandwiches
I grew up only knowing this by Ham Salad which is what my Mom and local Deli's up North called it. She said it was the "Poor Man's Ham Salad" which never contained any ham, just bologna, but giving it the wonderful flavor and color of what could have been ham. We loved it. I made it for my children as they grew up and it is still requested though they are adults now. I am in my 50's and still make it for myself as a snack spread or sandwich. I've seen a variation of recipes for this, tried some and still think mine is my favorite. Let me know what you think?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do not use Velveeta for this recipe, it does not store well.
- 2I suggest a food processor for this recipe unless you prefer a meat grinder. Use a large bowl with tight lid for storing.
- 3Take all the bologna out of the packaging and quarter.
- 4Unwrap all the cheese slices (if in wrap) and quarter as well.
- 5Place half the meat and half the cheese in processor and pulse until semi-chunky. It should look spreadable. Scoop in bowl.
- 6Add remaining bologna and cheese, process.
- 7Place rest in large bowl and add relish, mix well.
- 8Add 1/2 of the mayo, stir. You can choose the consistency if you prefer. I like it a bit more mayonnaisy. Add rest if preferred.
- 9You can use either Miracle Whip or real Mayo, both are great. I like the real mayo because it works better with crackers.
- 10Serve on either a hamburger bun (kid's favorite), sandwich bread, or club crackers.
- 11Store remaining spread in fridge, it can last up to one week.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Bologna or Ham Salad for Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 691.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g