Recipe by Irish Red
From my childhood, I remember as a kid Grandpa or mom making this in the fall and how good it was warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 -6 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
used for the sliced apples
- 1⁄8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- peel, core, and slice apples.
- place sliced apples in a mixing bowl and mix with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg for apples.
- grease a 13x9 casserole with some of the butter.
- place sliced apples in buttered casserole dish.
- In mixing bowl mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter together to form a course crumble.
- stir in oats and pour over sliced apples.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.
- For an added treat serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of caramel syrup.