1/2 Photos of My "famous" Shredded Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Now, to me this really isn't a recipe, but I was telling a friend how I make shredded chicken for recipes and she said I should post it. It always comes out tender, and has frozen well for me. I usually make double at once for oamc since it is so easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts in pan with broth (I have used frozen, as well as fresh- frozen adds to your cooking time).
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Turn heat to medium, and let simmer covered for 15-20 minutes (around 10 minutes if yours are defrosted), turning occasionally.
- 4Then turn to medium low and let cook covered for another 60 min (or until shreds with a fork). You may need to add more broth during that hour if yours cooks down.
- 5I have let it cook for even longer with great results.
- 6Let rest in pan for at least 10 minutes, or until you can shred the meat without burning yourself.
- 7If you are saving the chicken for later, place it in a ziplock with the excess broth from the pan.
- 8Enjoy in any recipe that calls for shredded chicken.
- 9You can also add spices/onion/garlic to the meat while cooking, but I like to make mine plain so it will go with any recipe.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My "famous" Shredded Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 300.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g