(Frozen) Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 (5 1/2 lb) whole chickens, gizzards removed
- 2 (3/4 ounce) envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken and place in cooker.
- Mix chicken gravy with water and wine.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low approximately 6 hours.
- About 1 1/2 hours before end of cooking time add carrots and onions.
- When done, take chicken out and let rest on a cutting board at least 15 minutes.
- Take vegetables out of gravy; strain the gravy and thicken to your preference.
- Enjoy with mashed potatoes and a tossed salad!
Join The Conversation
What a great basic recipe! I was a bit worried at first, but it worked great!! I was out of wine so used chicken broth instead. I also added potatoes with the carrots. I had a ton of gravy too. I will definetly be making this again for the next time i forget to defrost the night before! Thanks so much!