Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I threw this recipe together when we lived in a colder climate. It is VERY easy on a night you really don't have time to mess with details. Great on a cold fall or winter evening.
Top Review by 4-H Mom
Wonderful! I added an extra can of soup to this. I made this late last night so we could have it for lunch today, had to sample it when it came out of the oven - I will just say my son and I enjoyed this as a snack last night. I ended up making my own crust. We loved this. Made for the Potluck tag game.
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces soup can water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can new potatoes, drained and diced (use as much as you desire)
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 pieces cooked chicken, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet reheat chicken pieces with soup and water.
- Once smooth, add in veggies that have been heated in microwave for 3 minutes (or so), add potatoes and salt and pepper. Simmer on low, stirring frequently, and covered, for 1 to 2 hours (if want chicken to absorb sauce and flavors).
- After simmering, put in the prepared pie crust, top with the other crust and bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then 350 until crust is golden brown.
- Use any remaining soup mixture for gravy, if needed.