Recipe by Daydasa
This meal has become one of our family favorites. It does take some time to cook, but it makes the meat so tender. I think the time is well worth it. This is great with a side salad. Hope you all enjoy it too!
Top Review by Jazz Lover
I can't believe no one has rated this recipe. It was awesome and so simple to make! I used Burgandy wine instead of the cooking wine. It smelled delicious while it was cooking. I served it with Asiage bread rolls which worked really well to finish up the sauce left on the plate. I am definately making this one again.
- 2 lbs cubed lean stew meat
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle burgundy cooking wine (I use Regina)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium egg noodles or 1 medium white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat with cooking spray large family size skillet with lid; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add meat; cook until no longer pink.
- Drain well; set aside.
- Wipe pan with paper towels to remove any drippings.
- Coat same pan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine, cream of mushroom soup, beef consommé and onion soup mix; stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Return meat to pan; stir in onions.
- Cover; turn heat down to low, and simmer for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Cook egg noodles according to package; drain noodles well.
- Serve meat mixture over hot noodles, or rice if you prefer.