Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious sweet-sour sauce for ham. Great on ham sandwiches too.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml prepared mustard
- 118.29 ml vinegar (cider or white)
- 118.29 ml beef bouillon
- 59.14 ml butter
- Stir flour and sugar together.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Serve hot over ham.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce to use for sandwiches.
Good sauce that goes well with ham. I made this up in advance, then reheated in the microwave a mealtime.
Easy to make and awesome on ham! I made it on Thanksgiving and it got rave reviews.
I normally never review recipes but this was one of the first almost inedible things I have ever made from a recipe! The sugar made it so sweet that it was disgusting. I took out most of the sauce and diluted the remainder with another cup of beef broth and some flour to thicken but it was still too sweet. I wouldn't even attempt to modify this recipe again - look for a different one - unless you like ham with chocolate sauce etc.