Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is very easy to make. Just spread on mustard, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake! The directions are for the toaster oven, but this can easily be done in a regular oven.
- 6 ounces salmon fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Remove toaster oven tray and line it with aluminum foil; heat oven to broil.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place on tray.
- Spread mustard over the top.
- Sprinkle on bread crumbs.
- Bake fish until opaque and topping is toasty, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine creme fraiche or sour cream, with chives and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
I scaled this up for 3 of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed, I used fresh breadcrumbs (2 slices wholemeal/wholegrain bread wizzed up in the food processor) and the creme fraiche cream with the lemon juice and freshly snipped chives from the garden was an elegant touch. Thank you Cool Kitty, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #55 August 2011.