Biscuit Mini-Batch for Toaster Oven
- Ready In:
6 2 inch biscuits
- Pre-heat toaster oven to 425°F.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Work in melted butter.
- Add milk and mix into a soft dough.
- Drop 6 biscuits onto a small baking sheet that will fit into your toaster oven.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until done.
- Pay careful attention to the doneness because toaster ovens aren’t as reliable in their temperature control as full-size ovens.
Join The Conversation
I love, love, love how quickly I can make a small batch of biscuits (no leftovers) without heating the entire kitchen! I don't like leftovers with baking powder because they develop an odd taste (to me). This time, I used 1 Tbs canola oil and 1/3 cup milk, and added a dash of salt. I've used Bakewell Cream and King Arthur white wheat flour before, with good results. So fast, not-too-big, and adaptable! What's not to love? OK, these aren't the fluffiest highest most-Southern biscuits you can make. The taste is good, but not rapturous. But do you want the perfect biscuit, or a small batch right now, with that leftover gravy, just in time for breakfast? They're great for their niche.