Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a recipe that Mark came up with one day while "making a mess" in my kitchen. I suggested the artichoke hearts and this has since become a requested dish at our house. It is served over rice. Also, you can use reduced fat may and sour cream if you like). This dish freezes well and we try to keep at least one casserole dish of it in the freezer. The mustard mixture is prepared first and needs to sit in the refrigerate for a couple of hours for the flavors to blend.
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders (not breaded)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and slightly chopped
- cooked rice (enough for 4-6 servings)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the following: wine, sour cream, mayo, horseradish, chives, mustard, lemon juice and Tabasco. Mix these ingredients well then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours is over and the mixture has blended well, season your chicken tenders with salt and pepper to your taste. Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the chicken. Cook until lightly browned.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, arrange the drained and chopped artichoke hearts and chicken tenders.
- Pour the mustard mixture over the top of the chicken and artichokes and cover with foil.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 375 for 45 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and serve over rice.