Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a a wonderful sauce that goes well on ribs. You can also pour in on to ham.
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients cook for 20 minutes.
made this as stated, it was ok. I wanted it to be more mustardy than vinegary. If I made it again I would reduce the vinegar. I served it with pork one night and chicken the next. It was much better on the chicken.
This was very good. I made it to go with Smoked Chicken. We had 3 dipping sauces all together and enjoyed the variety. I would have preferred it a little bit thicker, but was not disappointed with the flavor. Thanks for posting...Kim1
Being a yankee, I always have been a bit hesitant to try a mustard base bbq sauce. I was brought up on the tomato based stuff. Yesterday I smoked a pork butt and for a change of pace gave this sauce a try. It was OUT-STANDING. Can't wait to try it on pork tenderloin, ham or even chicken. It's really really good.....