- 200 g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped fine-ground with
- 2 -3 whole red peppers
- spring onion leaves, chopped fine (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, blended with
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the onions, stir over high heat till a little soft.
- mix all ingredients for sauce.
- Add the garlic paste and red peppers and stir-fry till fat separates.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat, till well mixed.
- Add a cup of water, bring to a boil and add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
- Lower the heat and simmer for a minute or so and serve hot garnished with the greens.