Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick recipe. The mushrooms can be chopped if desired. For a creamier soup, garnish with sour cream.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chunked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup light cream (half-and-half)
- Heat oil and butter in pan.
- Add the onions and sauté until they are transparent.
- Add the seasonings and stir for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup water.
- Sauté until mushrooms are done; about 7-8 minutes. Turn off heat, put lid on pan and let set for about 10-minutes to develop the mushroom flavor.
- Add the cream and simmer on LOW for about 8-minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve in two bowls with a dollop of sour cream on top.
delicious, this would be a great recipe for 2 as an appetizer, i just love mushrooms and tarragon together. this is also quick cooking, less than 30 minutes from start to finish with big flavor, great week night soup, i made it for lunch as i was home today.
The herb combination gives this soup a fantastic flavor! I used the larger amount of tarragon listed (love the stuff!). I skipped the olive oil and just used the 2 tbsp of butter. I didn't measure the salt, but I know that I didn't use as much as called for. If you like mushrooms, this is for you! Thanx for sharing this; I'll make this again.
I made this soup just for me so experimented a bit with the "spare". As is, the soup is very good. It is creamy even without the sour cream and the paprika gives it a bit of a kick. For me, the soup really came alive when I whizzed the second batch in a food processor, the flavours melded togather very well and it tasted so rich and creamy! This is going in my quick and simple book as thats just what it is!