Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, moist chicken breasts covered with a mushroom soup sauce. Really easy to make on a busy weeknight. Add your favorite veggies.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides in olive oil in large skillet, but don't fully cook. Remove when done.
- In same skillet, cook garlic, mushrooms and red onion in olive oil till tender.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, water, salt, pepper, basil and cayenne. Stir till mixed.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet, spoon sauce over chicken. Cover skillet. Bring to simmer.
- Cook until chicken is done--time will vary depending on size of chicken breasts.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
- ***Sauce is good on stuffing and mashed potatoes.
This is a top drawer comfort dish. I used the recipe as written with the single exception of cutting the chicken into pieces ( used a frozen breast that was pretty ragged and wouldn't have looked nice cooked as it was. I finely minced the onion (DH isn't a fan but I just can't cook without them) and proceeded as directed. The onion and basil gave a good flavor base. This was ideal over potatoes and it's very quick and easy to make. Made for PAC, Spring 2011.
Enjoyed making and eating this delicious recipe. Made a few changes. Added 8 oz. of sour cream and cut the cayenne pepper in half. Served over wild rice.
i would just put less cayenne pepper. It was bit spicy for me and my kids but very good!!