Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of Publix's Aprons recipes and it is sooo good. At first I wasn't sure because I don't like cooking with Mayo but man, this was tender and absolutely delicious. I hope you like it too.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 2 lbs)
- 8 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon quick-mixing flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine mayonnaise and dry soup mix in large bowl.
- Crush garlic, using garlic press, into bowl. Mix well.
- Slice tenderloins diagonally into about twelve 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Stir pork slices and mushrooms into soup mixture.
- Place pork slices in pan; add soup mixture (wash hands).
- Cook 4–6 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Stir in flour and cook 1–2 more minutes. +.
- Stir in milk; reduce heat to low.
- Cook 4–6 minutes until sauce thickens and internal temperature of pork reaches 160°F Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
I had about a 2 lb pork tenderloin and sliced baby bellas on hand, and came to zaar to find a recipe to make with them. This is the one I chose, because I had onion soup mix on hand, and because I love Publix (even though there aren't any of them where I live now, I still check their website often and shop when I visit the South.) I decided that with such a large amount of pork slices that I should prepare this in my electric skillet. All of the meat and mushrooms fit in easily without overcrowding, so it cooked up quickly. I sifted my flour into the pan since I didn't know if my flour could be considered quick mixing. I used fat free skim milk and the gravy was still thick and delicious. Thanks for posting a quick, easy, and delicious recipe that I will make again!
This was really good. I don't even like mushrooms, but the sauce wasn't overly mushrooomy so it was very good. It did take longer than 4-6 min to cook up to 160 degrees. It was closer to 12-15 min.