Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "The Best Of Byerly's" cookbook. Byerly's is THE greatest market I have ever been to-located in St. Louis Park, MN. Just to give you an idea-they sell Waterford & Lladros as well as groceries!! ALMOST makes visiting my in-laws worthwhile:)!!Tender "pastry" bundles encase a marvelous mushroom-cheese filling. Frozen puff pastry makes prep a breeze and gives these appetizers special-occasion status.
- 36 fresh whole mushrooms
- 489.02 g package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 226.79 g gorgonzola
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and pat mushrooms dry; twist off stems.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut into 36 squares.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of Gorgonzola cheese.
- Place 1 filled mushroom in the center of 1 puff pastry square.
- Draw all 4 corners up to form a bundle and pinch center together to form a knob. Repeat to bundle all the mushrooms.
- Brush each bundle lightly with egg.
- Bake until golden borwn-approx. 10-20 minutes.
While i didn't actually eat any of these (fungus isn't my friend and i'm lactose intolerant), i did make them for a party. They were the first gone!! Everyone kept coming up to me asking if there were any more. The guests loved them!! Thanks for the recipe!!
Wow, can't believe I haven't reviewed this until now. I had these first at YOUR house years ago when we visited and went to Alison's engagement party. You served these the first night as an app before we grilled dinner. They are perfection. Hot, tangy, bubbling little pockets of chewiness. Yum!
I did a test run of this recipe to see if I could use it for get together I'm having at my house. My requirements were: 1) It tastes good 2) It's easy to put together and / or can be made ahead of time 3) It cooks quickly This recipe passed on all counts. I'm definatley making this for the party. The only change I'm going to make is to chop up the mushrooms & reduce the size of each bundle a little because I'll have a few appetizers and these were a little big. I wouldn't change anything else because these are great!