Recipe by Meredith .F
From "The Best Of Byerly's" cookbook. Byerly's is THE greatest market I have ever been to-located in St. Louis Park, MN. Just to give you an idea-they sell Waterford & Lladros as well as groceries!! ALMOST makes visiting my in-laws worthwhile:)!!Tender "pastry" bundles encase a marvelous mushroom-cheese filling. Frozen puff pastry makes prep a breeze and gives these appetizers special-occasion status.
Top Review by Pink Kitchenaid Lover
While i didn't actually eat any of these (fungus isn't my friend and i'm lactose intolerant), i did make them for a party. They were the first gone!! Everyone kept coming up to me asking if there were any more. The guests loved them!! Thanks for the recipe!!
- 36 fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and pat mushrooms dry; twist off stems.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut into 36 squares.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of Gorgonzola cheese.
- Place 1 filled mushroom in the center of 1 puff pastry square.
- Draw all 4 corners up to form a bundle and pinch center together to form a knob. Repeat to bundle all the mushrooms.
- Brush each bundle lightly with egg.
- Bake until golden borwn-approx. 10-20 minutes.