Recipe by Boomette
Taken in a book from Marie-Josée Taillefer in Quebec
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Happy to give a rave review to this ultra-delicious grilled sandwich. I used smoked gouda cheese. I highly recommend using fresh thyme over dried. The flavor was sublte and delicate. I think dried thyme would be too strong. Perfect on a cool fall evening. Thanks Boomette.
- 1⁄2 lb white mushrooms or 1⁄2 lb brown button mushroom, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices crusted bread
- 4 slices raclette cheese (or favorite cheese) or 4 slices smoked gouda cheese (or favorite cheese)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- butter (to grill the sandwiches)
- olive oil (to grill the sandwiches)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Sautéed mushrooms with thyme until golden.
- Salt and pepper.
- Garnish 4 slices of bread with a slice of cheese, 1/4 of the mixture on each slice, and a little bit of mustard, if wanted.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a little bit of butter and oil in a pan.
- Grill sandwiches on each side until they are well golden and the cheese has melted.