Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I like this recipe because it is easy to make, and it warms the house up on a cold night!
- 1 kg chicken piece, lightly fried in margarine or oil
- 1 packet cream of onion soup
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Mix cream of onion soup with the water and add the mushroom soup.
- Pour over chicken pieces in casserole.
- Cover and bake for 75 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Lift off lid for last ten minutes of cooking time.
I used knorr cream of spinach soup instead of the onion. I also sauteed mushrooms onions and peppers & garlic with the chicken breast. Was very quick and easy to make. Will make again.
I used Onion soup mix (the dry kind) and cream of chicken. It was kinda soupy so I thickened it with corn starch, and served it over noddles with peas and stuffing, and my family said it's a awesome dish. This is a keeper!! Try it you'll like it.