Top Review by Keolani
Interesting soup. It was almost like meatless stroganoff soup. I'm not assigning stars because there was really nothing wrong with the recipe, it just didn't do anything for me. Sorry.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions and mushrooms over med low heat, til very little juices are left.
- Add garlic, and thyme; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add broths, water, barley and salt and pepper.
- bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until barley is tender.
- Just before serving add Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve with dollop sour cream.