1/1 Photo of Mushroom Barley Kielbasa Soup
1 hr 20 mins
If you like mushrooms, this is the soup for you. The keilbasa adds an extra richness to the flavor. I imagine it would also be a good one in a crock pot for the day while your busy doing other things. YUMMY, so good on a cold day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups beef broth or 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -4 fresh portabella mushrooms, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced button mushrooms (Porcini, package size is a guess, it's just the regular size of pre-sliced you find at the store)
- 1 (4 ounce) package mushrooms, of choice (Shitaake, Oyster, Morel, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced (optional)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup barley
- 1/2 lb kielbasa or 1/2 lb Polish sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 bay leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat the olive oil in the bottom of a deep pot.
- 2Add the onion and sauté until almost transparent.
- 3Add the celery [and carrot if used] and sauté until limp and throw in the keilbasa or sausage.
- 4Let the flavors blend.
- 5Add the chicken or beef broth and bring it to a boil.
- 6Add all of the mushroom, the barley, parsley, bay leaf, salt and black pepper.
- 7Return to a boil.
- 8Lower the flame and simmer for 45 minutes or until barley is tender.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Barley Kielbasa Soup
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 1258.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g