ROASTED MUSHROOM STOCK
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sea salt or kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 branches fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine the mushrooms, onion, garlic and oil in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Toss to coat the vegetables with the oil.
- Spread the mixture in 2 baking pans.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are deep brown and caramelized.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a large saucepan and add 6 water and the thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 40 minutes or until the mushrooms have given over all there flavor to the liquid.
- Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a clean pan, pressing hard on the mushrooms to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Bring the stock to a boil and cook until reduced to 3 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"