Recipe by heather in Ont,
A friend brought these to a party and they were gone in no time. I had to hold back from eating the whole tray. 5 min of the sitting time is included in the cook time. You can use button mushrooms or a variety, it's up to you. Depending on how you purchase your cheese (in prepackaged slices) the number of slices you require may vary. I have also made these by adding a little extra butter, but be careful as they can tend to be oily.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1 pinch salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices gouda cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof frozen crescent roll dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter in pan and cook mushrooms until browned.
- Add honey, thyme, salt & pepper - cook until honey carmaelizes and sticks to mushrooms.
- Divide mixture into mini - muffin tin.
- Top each with a circle of cheese (I used a small circle cookie cutter).
- Roll out crescent dough, use circle cutter and place a piece of dough over each.
- Bake for 15 minutes or golden.
- Let tray sit a bit approx 5 minutes then remove each with a spoon and place dough side down on serving plate.