Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Mums famous recipe!
Make and share this Mums 'scotch' Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (or melted butter)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk (to mix to a smooth consistency)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs and butter or oil.
- Add the milk.
- Put on spoonfuls onto greased hot griddle or frying pan.
- Turn when'bubbles' appear.
- Remove from pan and place on wire racks.
We really enjoyed these little, silver dollar sized pancakes. They were very easy to fix and looked lovely. Very good - I'd make these again.
Top these bad boys with Lyle's Golden Syrup or Vermont Grade "A" maple syrup. Mmmmm.......
I've been looking for along time for pancakes just like "My Old Gran "use to make and this is it.