Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is slightly different than another recipe for Muffuletta Salad that's posted here. Originally from a Good Morning America Show from January 2001 with Emeril Lagasse.It's a great meal with some crusty bread in the summer when it's too hot to cook!
- 6 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb small shell pasta or 1 lb other small dry pasta
- 1⁄2 lb bulk salami, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 lb bulk provolone cheese, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄2 lb bulk mortadella, ham, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄2 lb bulk boiled ham, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 20 pitted jumbo black olives, sliced
- 20 large pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme leave
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Combine water and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a larger bowl, combine pasta,salami,provolone,mortadella, boiled ham, olives,onion,celery,parsley, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar,worcestershire,hot sauce,garlic,pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Then, gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour over salad mixture and add remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Toss to mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least eight hours before serving.