1/2 Photos of Mrs. Field's Triple-Layered Lemon Bars
Creamy, tart and super delicious!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 egg yolks, large
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Prepare the shortbread crust: Cream butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer set on high speed. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour and mix at low speed until fully incorporated.
- 3Press dough evenly into bottom of an 8- by 8-inch baking pan. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 30 minutes.
- 4Prick shortbread crust with fork and bake for 30 minutes or until crust turns golden brown. Cool on rack to room temperature.
- 5Prepare the cream cheese filling while the crust is baking: Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth in medium bowl with electric mixer set on high speed. Add egg and lemon extract and beat on medium speed until light and smooth. Cover bowl tightly and refrigerate.
- 6Prepare the lemon curd: Blend the egg yolks with cornstarch and sugar in medium non-aluminum saucepan. Place over low heat and slowly whisk in water and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Add lemon peel and butter and cool for 10 minutes.
- 7Assemble the bars: Sread chilled cream cheese filling evenly over cooled shortbread crust with spatula. Spread lemon curd evenly over cream cheese filling. Place pan in center of oven. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until edges begin to turn light golden brown. Cool to room temperature on rack. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour before cutting into bars. Dust top with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Field's Triple-Layered Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g