Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a weekly recipe in our house. It is from the late, great Mr. Food who DH and I had the pleasure of spending several hours with in the US Airways lounge in Philadelphia. To make this easy luscious recipe is to remember Mr. Food. Great over uncooked rice that has been toasted in oil until light golden brown, then continue cooking rice as directed on package/
- 5 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, I use about 8 ounces each
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 . 5 ounces green chili, chopped and undrained
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Place chicken in 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Stir together all other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to Low and cook for 5 more hours.