1 hr 5 mins
These meaty meatballs hold a hidden surprise of melted cheese. Just as nice made with ground lamb or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
For the sauce
- 1For the meatballs:.
- 2Mix the ground beef with the breadcrumbs, garlic, seasoning, parsley and oregano.
- 3Mix well with damp hands and make 10-12 balls.
- 4Cut the mozzarella into 10-12 chunks.
- 5Flatten each meatball and press a piece of mozarella into the centre. Gather the meat around it and pinch to make sure it is sealed.
- 6Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry for around 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 7For the sauce:.
- 8Fry the onion in the pan juices until softened.
- 9Add the tomato paste, orange juice, stock and vinegar.
- 10Bring to the boil, then using a hand blender, puree the sauce a little.
- 11Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for 25 minutes until cooked through.
- 12Just before serving add the olives. Serve with spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella Meatballs and Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 1363.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers